back to 100%

It's 2012 and time to get back into the groove of painting. There's something about the Holidays that channels my artistic expression into holiday cards, cookies and candied nuts, leaving behind painting. I must say though, it only takes a month or so for the enthusiasm and inspiration to be back at 100% (or maybe even 110%).

My plan so far is to finish up the large Delaware paintings I began this summer, revisiting them with a new excitement for bright colors which have become even more vivid after looking outside at the more white (we are hoping for some white stuff tonight and tomorrow) and neutral colors that currently surround me. Along with the Delaware series I also want to revisit the ice paintings that I began last year. I'm also thinking about starting a new series. I think that it will be interesting working with three very different subject matters and seeing how they affect one another.

Happy New Year!


Comments