venturing back to vermont



I've made the move back to Vermont and I'm thrilled to be here. The air feels crisp and clean and the colors of summer are still out with colors of the fall starting to appear. It is a beautiful place to be with inspiration everywhere you look.


(my little muse, Layla)







The shapes and colors within the landscape that surrounds me has sparked my imagination and I've began working on the water soluble oil paintings that I started this summer. It is always different working with a new medium, but the exploration is what is exciting.




Ten of my paintings have ventured to Burlington and will be shown by the BCA at the Maltex building (starting October 5). I've also brought along many blank canvases and a few other paintings in progress, so I have plenty to paint.

Comments

  1. Leah, Your use of the Vermont fauna over the oil/water paints is superb, great contrasts of texture and colors !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment