Brandywine Festival of the Arts 2011

This year the Brandywine Show took place on two absolutely beautiful days with temperatures in the upper 70's and no rain. The festival was filled with young and old, all enjoying the sites of the beautiful location accompanied by the works of many talented artists. Some were walking around with ice cream, cotton candy and painted faces, while others had lemonade and other treats, but everyone seemed to be having a great day. I am so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful show. Thank you everyone who stopped by!

One of my favorite parts of the show is talking about my work with others and getting their feedback. I had many students from a local high school art class, other artists and art lovers/admirers come by to discuss my work. I love the new perspective it adds to the work. Thank you everyone who came to talk about art with me!


I can't say enough how lucky we were, just a couple weeks before I had been told the entire area was under water, and just a few days before there was a flash flood warning. The art gods were really looking out for us.

Each day I like to switch up the arrangement of the paintings to keep the booth new and exciting. I think it allows for different paintings to shine.















(the dark sky on the drive home Sunday night after packing up)

paintings sold at the show:



This was truly a wonderful way to end the year (for outdoor shows). I enjoyed everything about this show: the fellow artists, everyone who helped me personally, all of the staff at the show and every individual that stopped by to support my work. Now it's time to head back to Vermont for the winter and begin a new series. Thanks for a wonderful summer of shows!

Comments