unconscious inspiration

Sometimes it takes finished work to find the true inspiration. Once I completed my most recent series that began by photographs from northern Vermont I realized that my four years of walking, running, biking, floating and just relaxing near/on White Clay Creek began to sneak in. It was those times where I became increasingly aware of the sounds of the running water, the sights of moving water veils over rocks and the beauty of the greenery that grows along the bank. The ideas of painting the sounds created by moving water have stayed with me ever since. It was this location that was the inspiration for many previous drawings. In the beginning I thought this series was all about Vermont, but after reflecting on the work and reconnecting with the landscape of White Clay Creek I realized these paintings were also created by White Clay Creek inspiration.

Painting is done in an unconscious mode and the more I think about it the more I think most inspiration is created in an unconscious mind as well.

Comments