april showers bring a clean studio and a box of new paints

There's nothing like a little spring cleaning to get me going. I find that when my studio is organized, I can find all of my supplies and there is an empty space to paint in, the atmosphere is much more conducive to creating. Along with stacking all of my paintings in one area and organizing my supplies, I also made space for a desk with all of my business stuff (wow, I can't even begin to explain how many files I have). It takes a little bit getting used to but being an artist isn't just about producing work, almost half of the time is spent thinking/doing things on the business side of the brain (I'm constantly trying to develop this part more). I think it is important to embrace this part of the job as well, once you have a space for it, hey that's half the battle and it gives you more time to paint, which is what it's all about.


... and there's nothing like a fresh box of vibrant oil paints to inspire and get you going


I've been taking a couple pictures here and there for my new series, I guess I won't spoil it quite yet on what the subject matter is going to be, but keep checking back and I'll post some pictures of the new paintings and their inspiration once I get them going.

Comments