what's next

sky flowing into rocks

So I know that I still need to build up the glazes on the new paintings but they are starting to take shape which means it's time to start thinking about where these paintings are going. I have a couple of, I guess you would call them goals, and ideas for these paintings. Right now I should have one sketchbook that I consistently write/sketch in, but this blog seems like a valid place for those thoughts as well, just so I remember:

Incorporate ideas from the Costa Rica series
- sky flows into the rocks melding sky with rocks unifying the painting
-areas of many glazes to contrast with the white of the canvas
-areas of thick pattern (where will it go? I'm thinking the water but not yet sure)

other specifics:
-heavily glazed rocks with some scumbling to give them more depth
-keep the waterfall mostly the white of the canvas with very shear glazes (maybe like diptych?)
-it's important for the pieces to have a lot of movement and when thinking about the water go back to previous post wanting to paint the sound of the water (pattern?)

goals:
-a lot of depth, movement and the ability to hear the sounds of this landscape when you look at the paintings

Comments