when paintings grow space diminishes


Each day I add a couple of glazes to the new Vermont paintings, beginning with the warmer colors, which I hope will brighten up the paintings once they are completed. It's always good to have a few paintings that are in different levels of completion, that way there is always a painting to work on with a different technique (underpainting, glazing, opaque paint/details, texture) and it mixes things up a bit. I still have three blank canvases that are a bit larger that I'm planning on starting next week, and soon the large canvases will be headed up north (in the back of my parents car) for Thanksgiving, yeah I'm excited.

It is these paintings that have made me realize I need to make room in my studio for everything I will be painting this winter (and all of the paintings from the Costa Rica Series). I have paintings hanging everywhere, in boxes and they have completely taken over my studio. Who knew that paintings could take over spaces so quickly, they just seem to multiply, which sparked the idea for "Making Room in the Studio Sale", going on now with up to 30% off.
All of these paintings need happy new homes where they can liven up a space and take you on a little mini vacation. A great gift for someone you love (it's always good to show yourself a little love too).Two paintings have already sold, so if you are interested e-mail me asap and I will mark the paintings sold. Just go to my website and click on "Making Room in the Studio Sale".

Comments

Post a Comment