a little white makes you want to paint a lot of colors

This morning the wind was cranked up, snow and pea size hail were flying everywhere, accumulating just enough to cover everything with a shade of white. Being surrounded by all of this white is beautiful and inspiring, but not in the way you'd think. The bright white just makes me want to paint more vibrant colors. It has always amazed me that you can just look at an image and it can create warmth or be so cold that it gives you chills, just through color and subject matter. Maybe at some point I will think about adding a little more white to my canvases (of course accompanied by vibrant colors). One being in the presence of the other may bring out the best in both. What would it take to create an image that gives of neither a warmth or a cooling sensation?

Speaking of color, I'm really trying to add glazes each day to the new Vermont series. I've been posting all of the pictures on a separate page. If you look to the right of this post (under Pages) and click on "Currently Creating Revisiting the Water that Runs through Vermont" you will find it.

Comments