Solo Show @ Azura (it's always best to have a deadline)

I know I've been slacking a bit on the blogging, but I do have a good excuse. I've been preparing for a show of the Costa Rica Series, I can't believe it. Today I'm finishing up painting the sides (after long consideration I've decided that I like the sides painted, I know I've written painted sides vs. plain sides before so I won't go there) needless to say all the paintings will be finished tomorrow with painted sides. This series has taken me all summer and then some to complete, I'm not sure if it was the sizes (my largest to date 4'x7' along with many 5' and 4' canvases), or just the calmness that comes along with warm weather and living near the beach, but at least now I can say they are only hours away from being finished pieces!

I think the show will be awesome! Alyssa and Andy have been kind enough to invite me to show my work at their very unique and stylish clothing store Azura in Rehoboth Beach, De (they have clothes that are very different, artsy, fun and beautiful). It'll be Jazz Festival weekend and they will be having a "Pick Your Poison Sale", as well as a Jewelry Trunk Show featuring Jessica Sibinski. Clothes, Jewelry and Paintings, what could be better?

I have around 11 paintings, and since many of the paintings are quite large we are going to have to get very creative with the display, we have a lot in mind so you'll just have to come by and check it out for yourself.

( just a detail from one of the paintings, you'll have to come by to see the whole painting)

Solo Show, The Costa Rica Series
October 14-17
Artist wine Reception 5-8pm, Friday October 15

Azura Clothing Co.
139 Rehoboth Ave.
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971

http://www.azuraclothing.net

Comments