all the shows have ended for the summer so I've headed north

I've gone up north again for the winter after a really busy and exciting summer. This year I really tried to get my work out (I like to think that my business cards, postcards and paintings are floating around somewhere new). I really enjoyed all of the shows I was lucky enough to be a part of. It was my first year for many of the outdoor shows and I hope to continue with all of the shows next summer.

Last weekend was so much fun, it was a bit hectic since two shows happened to be on the same weekend, but everything worked out as it always does. Thank you so much to everyone who came by to see the Costa Rica Series at Azura and also those of you who came to Art in the Yard even though it was quite a windy day (but the hot cider was well worth it). Here are just a couple pictures from the Azura show and there are more on my website (also pictures of the Costa Rica paintings completely finished).


Thanks so much Alyssa and Andy @ Azura for exhibiting my Costa Rica paintings for the weekend and Heidi Lowe @ the Heidi Lowe Gallery for inviting me to Art in the Yard. Neither one of the shows would have been possible without you!







But now the leaves are changing and snow has actually fallen in VT (I know it's crazy), so it's time to head north again and look for inspiration for the next series. I actually had lunch at a great little restaurant up here where an artist had many paintings on display that I really liked. So I grabbed the little artist packet to read a little more about the artist. She paints at least one small painting every day so that she can achieve a looser style. Which got me thinking how much fun it would be to paint a large group of small paintings, maybe not hundreds but a good amount (of course I have to paint large as well). I guess I'll just have to see, but right now I'm thinking small in a big way.

Comments