Brandywine Festival of The Arts

(the first day was incredibly beautiful and just perfect!)

It was my first year as an artist at this show and I'm so glad I was able to attend. The atmosphere was great with the Brandywine River in the background, live music playing and a variety of food and drinks. I think this is the largest show I've been to. Thank you everyone who came by my tent! I really enjoyed talking to everyone who stopped by, it makes all of the work worth it, you really made my day! It was also really great to meet all of the young aspiring artists (definitely keep pursuing your dream), and veterans of the show that gave me a lot of great advise.

There was one artist at the show in particular, Renee Benson, who's work is very beautiful, vibrant and playful. The colors really drew me in when I saw them from across the field.

(a detail of a painting by Renee Benson)

I think that it is the combination of artists sharing their work and individuals sharing their ideas that make these outdoor shows so inspiring and exciting. It sure got me pumped, I began working on my new series as soon as I got home.

























(the second day was a bit rainy, but then stopped around 10 and I was able to change up the paintings)


Oh, yeah... and if you were wondering about the wearable art here it is, buttons !

A new way to collect art!

Comments

  1. Nice update to your blog, keep up your GREAT works and shows !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment