see things in a new way

There are so many moments that are often overlooked, but when you're in a new place every detail stands out, it's wonderful. I just returned from a trip to southern Utah, a landscape that consists of vivid colors, interesting shapes and an indescribable energy that brings everything to life. Rock formations are larger than skyscrapers and the clouds are so immense that they take over the bright blue sky. Every time I looked I wanted to pull out my paints, brushes and a few canvas to paint each moment. These kinds of trips help me to remember to be aware of my surroundings and every detail.

The rock formations in Zion National Park are incredible, if you haven't seen them before it is definitely a trip to put on your calender.

While in Zion we walked around a few galleries and there were these amazing sculptures by Lyman Whitaker. They are organic forms that live seamlessly within nature and become alive with a breath of wind.
The beauty and power of this landscape inspires many, it is an incredible place.

Comments