Mala Iqbal

While I was looking at works by artists we talked about in class I came across Mala Iqbal, who I really liked. I think that the contrast between the blurry spray paint looking lines and the sharp crisp lines of some of the subjects is a really interesting idea. I also really liked her color palette, and bringing the bright colors into landscape painting. I love painting landscapes, they are definitely my favorite, and there has always been something about landscapes that has really interested me. By looking at Mala Iqbal, I am able to see landscape paintings in a new way, which is really exciting. Even though some landscape paintings can be mundane and boring, she makes them bright, interesting and beautiful. I think that since so many landscapes have been painted in the same way, it is important to branch out and bring another element into the painting. I will definitely keep her in mind the next time I go to paint a landscape. Here’s her website- http://www.malaiqbal.com/

Comments