I am really excited about the painting project we are working on now. I'm actually taking a geology class, which I thought wouldn't be so exciting, but I've been able to use some of that information in the painting I'm working on now. The rock formations really interest me,and their amazing colors and textures. I want to incorporate those colors and textures into my painting, but having no experience in painting that type of subject I'm just trying to experiment with the paint and glazes to see the colors and textures I can achieve. I'm trying to bring together the glazes and brush strokes in order to achieve a rocky textured look. I'm not there yet, but I'm hoping with a few more glazes the rocks will begin to look like actual rock formations from out west. I think the formations and colors overall in the west are really beautiful, and want to work with them a lot more.

Comments